Call for Participation – PhD Symposium inno4sd / ACPN
The PhD programmes: “Environmental Sustainability and Wellbeing”
(ESW, University of Ferrara, Italy); “Sustainability in Production
Systems” (Graduation Program on Production Engineering, Paulista
University, Brazil); “Ecological Environment Protection and Management”
(School of Environment, Beijing Normal University, China) are glad to
announce a joint PhD Symposium on 9th and 10th November, 2021.
This event is organized back-to-back with the 10th International Workshop on Advances in Cleaner Production (IWACP), that will be hosted by the University of Ferrara on 11th November, 2021.
The common theme of the PhD symposium and 10th IWACP is: “A Resilient and Sustainable World: Contributions to Cleaner Production, Circular Economy and Eco Innovation”.
The general objective is to allow discussions about the progress on sustainability research through interdisciplinary perspectives. The specific objectives are:
- To provide space for knowledge sharing among young scholars interested in topics related to sustainable development and wellbeing, circular economy, and eco innovation.
- To provide opportunities for PhD candidates & early career researchers to present and discuss about their work.
- To develop a network of information exchange for PhD candidates and early career researchers.
- To provide opportunities for PhD candidates and early career researchers in submitting their work to members of the ESW Scientific Board, inno4sd network, and the ACPN network, and to receive scientific advices as feedback.
- To offer the possibility to prepare and submit full manuscripts for publication in the Special Issues edited by the 10th IWACP organizing committee.
Who Can Participate?
The event is open to PhD students and early career researchers from all areas of knowledge. The only requirement is that the candidates’ research topics must be related to the main topic of the symposium and 10th IWACP.
How to Participate?
Prospective participants are required to submit a 2-page short description of their PhD research and a powerpoint presentation till October 1st 2021 to email@example.com. Description should include:
- 2-page extended abstract of the research rationale;
- Research methods and case studies;
- Description of research progress and main references;
- Knowledge transfer potential, to be highlighted as a prominent feature of research;
- Indication on how the (ongoing) research contributes to the/a particular SDGs and a clear indication of the goal(s) and target.
The selected PhD students will be communicated on October 25th by email, when a full programme will be available online.
More information will be available at the event's website: http://www.advancesincleanerproduction.net/10th/site/phd_symposium.html
The PhD Symposium will have the ENGLISH as official language.
Africa in the Sustainability transition: behavioral change and political economy perspectives, 25-25 May 2021
The interuniversity research centre SEEDS is pleased to invite you to participate and submit a research paper at the SEEDS workshop on "Africa in the Sustainability transition: behavioral change and political economy perspectives", that will take place the 24-25 of May (mixed on site / virtual on line).
Creating a global roadmap to drive eco-innovation for sustainable development!
As part of the LCIC 2020 Conference, inno4sd delivers this workshop about tailored life cycle tools and a holistic approach to implement eco-innovation in organisations.
Date: 26 August, 1515h (CET time)
Making the Circular Economy work for Sustainability: From theory to practice
The Centre for Research in Circular economy, Innovation and SMEs (CERCIS) and SEEDS (Sustainability, Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies) of the University of Ferrara are glad to announce their joint organization of an international Workshop titled "Making the circular economy work for sustainability: from theory to practice"
EVENT POSTPONED to 2021 due to COVID19 pandemic - New date February 23 – 25, 2021.