- Information sharing
- Online sharing
- Setting up sustainable strategy
- Setting up synergies
- Building and construction
- Eco-innovation and Eco-efficiency indicators
- Circular and social economy
- Energy efficiency
- Environmental impact reductiony
- Knowledge sharing
- Management of resources
- Marine environment
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable lifestyle
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Sustainable transport
- United Kingdom
- Confocal microscope
- Electronic logger
- Extrusion Melt Spinning
- Flocculating reactant
- Hyperspectral imaging system
- Infrared cameras
- Magnetic Density Separation
- Multi-spectral camera
- Near-infrared detector
- Neutral cluster and Air Ion Spectrometer
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Stirling engine
- Sustainable absorbent
- The Ultrasound system
- X Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- X-ray detector
- Level beyond 9 – Market introduction
- Level 9 – System ready for full scale deployment
- Level 8 – System incorporated in commercial design
- Level 7 – Integrated pilot system demonstrated
- Level 6 – Prototype system verified
- Level 5 – Laboratory testing of integrated system
- Level 4 – Laboratory testing of prototype component or process
- Level 3 – Critical function, proof of concept established
- Level 2 – Applied Research: technology concept and/or application formulated
- Level 1 - Basic Research: basic principles are observed and reported
This library gives you access to case studies of policies supporting the development and diffusion of eco-innovation and the circular economy. The topics covered include sustainable public procurement, innovative public-private partnerships, financing schemes, regulation and standards, support to technology transfer and partnerships, etc…
How to use the search tool and browse the library?
Free keyword search
It is a traditional search engine where you input your keyword(s).
You can search eco-innovation cases according to different criteria:
- Functions: this allows you to look for networks that meet a specific function (for instance: promoting sustainable practices)
- Application fields: to filter the networks according to their sector or economic domain (for instance: renewable energy)
- Countries: to filter networks by geographical zones
- Type of stakeholders: to sort the networks by type of organization involved (e.g. SMEs)
- Maturity level: to sort the networks by degree of maturity
How to browse the library
When clicking on a filter (a tag) of the advanced search engine, the list of articles containing this tag will be displayed. You can filter further the sorted articles using the tags appearing on the right side of the screen.
You can also click on the tags directly in the article texts to browse the library.
Furthermore, you can access each library separately, with a click on the left menu options.
The “suggested readings” appearing on the right side of the screen are articles from the other libraries (policies, eco-innovations, financing) that contain some similar tags and might be of interest for you.
This library gives you access to case studies of policies supporting the development and diffusion of eco-innovations. The topics covered include sustainable public procurement, innovative ...
Hawai‘i Green Growth partnership
The challenge:For low carbon green growth to succeed it should be inclusive. It requires broad collaboration and cooperation between different stakeholders groups, including governments, civil society...
Promoting Green Purchasing in Japan
The challenge:Anything from 10 to 20 to 30% of a nations GDP is spent by the government to purchase goods and services. Leveraging this enormous purchasing power by buying more sustainable goods and ...
Ecuador Fund for Water Protection – FONAG
The challenge:Global water use has been growing at more than twice the rate of population increase in the last century[i]. As a result, more and more regions are experiencing water scarcity. In and ...
Green Economy Scoping Study Barbados
The challenge:Small Island Developing States (SIDS) such as Barbados suffer disproportionately from the effects of climate change. Their own path towards a low carbon economy is itself challenging due...
Guyana Low Carbon Development Strategy
The challenge:There is no solution to climate change without sustainable forestry management. Forests act as natural carbon storage that when destroyed emit CO2 into the atmosphere. The conversion of ...
Tokyo Cap-and-Trade Program
The challenge:Half of the global population already lives in cities, and by 2050 two-thirds of the world's people are expected to live in urban areas. Therefore finding successful measures to ...
Western Cape Industrial Symbiosis Programme (WISP)
The challenge:Globally, the unsustainable use of resources has triggered critical scarcities and caused climate change and widespread environmental degradation. Driven by these concerns, (coupled with...