- Information sharing
- Online sharing
- Setting up sustainable strategy
- Setting up synergies
- Building and construction
- Eco-innovation and Eco-efficiency indicators
- Circular and social economy
- Energy efficiency
- Environmental impact reductiony
- Knowledge sharing
- Management of resources
- Marine environment
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable lifestyle
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Sustainable transport
- United Kingdom
- Confocal microscope
- Electronic logger
- Extrusion Melt Spinning
- Flocculating reactant
- Hyperspectral imaging system
- Infrared cameras
- Magnetic Density Separation
- Multi-spectral camera
- Near-infrared detector
- Neutral cluster and Air Ion Spectrometer
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Stirling engine
- Sustainable absorbent
- The Ultrasound system
- X Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- X-ray detector
- Level beyond 9 – Market introduction
- Level 9 – System ready for full scale deployment
- Level 8 – System incorporated in commercial design
- Level 7 – Integrated pilot system demonstrated
- Level 6 – Prototype system verified
- Level 5 – Laboratory testing of integrated system
- Level 4 – Laboratory testing of prototype component or process
- Level 3 – Critical function, proof of concept established
- Level 2 – Applied Research: technology concept and/or application formulated
- Level 1 - Basic Research: basic principles are observed and reported
How to use the search tool and browse the library?
Free keyword search
It is a traditional search engine where you input your keyword(s).
You can search eco-innovation cases according to different criteria:
- Functions: this allows you to look for networks that meet a specific function (for instance: promoting sustainable practices)
- Application fields: to filter the networks according to their sector or economic domain (for instance: renewable energy)
- Countries: to filter networks by geographical zones
- Type of stakeholders: to sort the networks by type of organization involved (e.g. SMEs)
- Maturity level: to sort the networks by degree of maturity
How to browse the library
When clicking on a filter (a tag) of the advanced search engine, the list of articles containing this tag will be displayed. You can filter further the sorted articles using the tags appearing on the right side of the screen.
You can also click on the tags directly in the article texts to browse the library.
Furthermore, you can access each library separately, with a click on the left menu options.
The “suggested readings” appearing on the right side of the screen are articles from the other libraries (policies, eco-innovations, financing) that contain some similar tags and might be of interest for you.
The challengeIn light of global challenges such as climate change and demography, eco-innovations, i. e. “green” technologies, processes, products and services have an increasing impact on...
Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC)
The challengeScarcity of resources, awareness of climate change, and the need to stay competitive, all encourage the development of partnerships between eco-innovative stakeholders. By forming a ...
The challengeApproximately 75% of people in Europe live and work in urban areas. Cities produce about 80% of greenhouse gas emissions and account for the majority of energy consumption in ...
European Wind Energy Association (EWEA)
The challengeClimate change and rising energy costs are major challenges world-wide. Consequently, wind power shall account for 15% to 18% of all electricity consumption by 2020. ...
German Association of Environmental Management e.V. (B.A.U.M.)
The challengeAn appropriate reaction to climate change is one of the main challenges of todays’ economy. To reduce the carbon footprint in a way that is simultaneously economically ...
The Sustainability Consortium (TSC)
The challengeClimate change, population growth, and the scarcity of resources are global challenges. In order to introduce sustainability concepts in global product production and consumption, all ...
SusChem: the European Techno logy Platform for Sustainable Chemistry
The challengeEurope’s chemical production and processing industry is one of its most energy- and resource-intensive sectors. Those industries hold key positions within critical value chains ...
Zero Waste International Alliance (ZWIA)
The challengeThe increase in the amount of solid waste production as a result of an increase in urbanisation is one of the major challenges faced by the modern world. Eco-innovative concepts and the ...