- Information sharing
- Online sharing
- Setting up sustainable strategy
- Setting up synergies
- Building and construction
- Eco-innovation and Eco-efficiency indicators
- Circular and social economy
- Energy efficiency
- Environmental impact reductiony
- Knowledge sharing
- Management of resources
- Marine environment
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable lifestyle
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Sustainable transport
- United Kingdom
- Confocal microscope
- Electronic logger
- Extrusion Melt Spinning
- Flocculating reactant
- Hyperspectral imaging system
- Infrared cameras
- Magnetic Density Separation
- Multi-spectral camera
- Near-infrared detector
- Neutral cluster and Air Ion Spectrometer
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Stirling engine
- Sustainable absorbent
- The Ultrasound system
- X Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- X-ray detector
- Level beyond 9 – Market introduction
- Level 9 – System ready for full scale deployment
- Level 8 – System incorporated in commercial design
- Level 7 – Integrated pilot system demonstrated
- Level 6 – Prototype system verified
- Level 5 – Laboratory testing of integrated system
- Level 4 – Laboratory testing of prototype component or process
- Level 3 – Critical function, proof of concept established
- Level 2 – Applied Research: technology concept and/or application formulated
- Level 1 - Basic Research: basic principles are observed and reported
This library gives you access to cases of networks and programmes supporting the development and diffusion of eco-innovation and the circular economy. The topics covered include sustainable public procurement, innovative public-private partnerships, financing schemes, regulation and standards, support to technology transfer and partnerships, etc…
How to use the search tool and browse the library?
Free keyword search
It is a traditional search engine where you input your keyword(s).
You can search eco-innovation cases according to different criteria:
- Functions: this allows you to look for networks that meet a specific function (for instance: promoting sustainable practices)
- Application fields: to filter the networks according to their sector or economic domain (for instance: renewable energy)
- Countries: to filter networks by geographical zones
- Type of stakeholders: to sort the networks by type of organization involved (e.g. SMEs)
- Maturity level: to sort the networks by degree of maturity
How to browse the library
When clicking on a filter (a tag) of the advanced search engine, the list of articles containing this tag will be displayed. You can filter further the sorted articles using the tags appearing on the right side of the screen.
You can also click on the tags directly in the article texts to browse the library.
Furthermore, you can access each library separately, with a click on the left menu options.
The “suggested readings” appearing on the right side of the screen are articles from the other libraries (policies, eco-innovations, financing) that contain some similar tags and might be of interest for you.
European Wind Energy Association (EWEA)
The challengeClimate change and rising energy costs are major challenges world-wide. Consequently, wind power shall account for 15% to 18% of all electricity consumption by 2020. ...
German Wind Energy Association - BWE
The challengeClimate change, global development and rising energy costs are common challenges worldwide. Consequently, wind power is gaining prominence as a renewable energy option. In order to ...
Green Industry Platform
The challengeClimate change, poverty and scarcity of natural resources are some of the challenges we face globally. Framed by the Green Economy Initiative of the United Nations, the Green Economy ...
European Alliance of Companies for Energy Efficiency in Buildings (EuroACE)
The challengeAchieving energy efficiency is one of the biggest challenges we face today. Buildings, i.e. the construction sector, consume more energy than any other share of the economy. The potential...
European Environmental Paper Network (EEPN)
The challengeDespite the problems associated with resource scarcity, the amount of paper and cardboard produced worldwide is increasing, contributing towards global greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. ...
Based on the Austrian sustainable procurement action plan, an open tender procedure was carried out to establish a national framework agreement for dairy products.
The challengeEnvironmental impacts associated with intensive dairy farming and long distance dairy product distribution are a threat to a sustainable lifestyle. Promoting sustainable ...
Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP)
The challengeClimate change and rising energy costs are serious challenges world-wide. Consequently, integrating renewable energy plays a major role in finding holistic solutions. ...
Zero Waste Network
The challengeGrowing urbanisation brings with it an increase in the amount of solid waste production: one of the major challenges faced by the modern world. Eco-innovative concepts and the use ...