- Information sharing
- Online sharing
- Setting up sustainable strategy
- Setting up synergies
- Building and construction
- Eco-innovation and Eco-efficiency indicators
- Circular and social economy
- Energy efficiency
- Environmental impact reductiony
- Knowledge sharing
- Management of resources
- Marine environment
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable lifestyle
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Sustainable transport
- United Kingdom
- Confocal microscope
- Electronic logger
- Extrusion Melt Spinning
- Flocculating reactant
- Hyperspectral imaging system
- Infrared cameras
- Magnetic Density Separation
- Multi-spectral camera
- Near-infrared detector
- Neutral cluster and Air Ion Spectrometer
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Stirling engine
- Sustainable absorbent
- The Ultrasound system
- X Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- X-ray detector
- Level beyond 9 – Market introduction
- Level 9 – System ready for full scale deployment
- Level 8 – System incorporated in commercial design
- Level 7 – Integrated pilot system demonstrated
- Level 6 – Prototype system verified
- Level 5 – Laboratory testing of integrated system
- Level 4 – Laboratory testing of prototype component or process
- Level 3 – Critical function, proof of concept established
- Level 2 – Applied Research: technology concept and/or application formulated
- Level 1 - Basic Research: basic principles are observed and reported
How to use the search tool and browse the library?
Free keyword search
It is a traditional search engine where you input your keyword(s).
You can search eco-innovation cases according to different criteria:
- Functions: this allows you to look for networks that meet a specific function (for instance: promoting sustainable practices)
- Application fields: to filter the networks according to their sector or economic domain (for instance: renewable energy)
- Countries: to filter networks by geographical zones
- Type of stakeholders: to sort the networks by type of organization involved (e.g. SMEs)
- Maturity level: to sort the networks by degree of maturity
How to browse the library
When clicking on a filter (a tag) of the advanced search engine, the list of articles containing this tag will be displayed. You can filter further the sorted articles using the tags appearing on the right side of the screen.
You can also click on the tags directly in the article texts to browse the library.
Furthermore, you can access each library separately, with a click on the left menu options.
The “suggested readings” appearing on the right side of the screen are articles from the other libraries (policies, eco-innovations, financing) that contain some similar tags and might be of interest for you.
Eqosphere – a collaborative web platform battling against (food) waste
The challengeThe use of a collaborative online sharing platform is beneficial for all members – and not only for ethical reasons. Giving away discarded products is cheaper than ...
New Bus for London: Diesel Electric Hybrid
London’s air quality has improved dramatically since the 1950s when legislation was introduced to prevent the infamous ‘pea souper’ smogs that blighted the capital. Butdespite this, ...
Landfill taxes – Dedicated green taxes to reduce waste sent to landfill
The challengeFollowing the waste hierarchy, landfill or disposal of waste is the least preferred step in its management. With the aim to extract the maximum practical benefits from products and to ...
Petra Waste Benchmarking –how much waste does my organisation produce?
The challengeCompanies are often not aware if and how their waste production has changed over time. They also have no means to compare themselves with other similar companies and their waste ...
The Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool EPEAT® –supporting informed consumer decisions on green electronics
The challengeBusinesses, governments, schools, hospitals, hotels and many more are major consumers of electronic devices and as such support private demand. Lack ...
ÖKOPROFIT® - Local public-private-partnerships to boost clean-tech in firms
The challenge Rising energy, water and raw material costs are putting more and more pressures on companies to reduce their environmental footprint. ÖKOPROFIT® helps to address these ...
Stimulating sustainable consumption in public procurement
The challengePromoting sustainable practices is increasingly important in promoting sustainability, sustainable consumption and sustainable procurement. Especially in the public ...
Criteria to stimulate green public procurement
The challengeNot only individuals, also public bodies have are responsible for environmental impacts related to their consumption. Using sustainability criteria can make responsible ...
VGR procurement policy and Considerate Design adds up to a “Green list” in the region of Västra Götaland
The challengeIn the public sector, it has been a challenge to stimulate social, ecological and economic sustainability with respect to reducing hazardous elements and focusing on more energy-efficient...