- Information sharing
- Online sharing
- Setting up sustainable strategy
- Setting up synergies
- Building and construction
- Eco-innovation and Eco-efficiency indicators
- Circular and social economy
- Energy efficiency
- Environmental impact reductiony
- Knowledge sharing
- Management of resources
- Marine environment
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable lifestyle
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Sustainable transport
- United Kingdom
- Confocal microscope
- Electronic logger
- Extrusion Melt Spinning
- Flocculating reactant
- Hyperspectral imaging system
- Infrared cameras
- Magnetic Density Separation
- Multi-spectral camera
- Near-infrared detector
- Neutral cluster and Air Ion Spectrometer
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Stirling engine
- Sustainable absorbent
- The Ultrasound system
- X Ray Diffraction (XRD)
- X-ray detector
- Level beyond 9 – Market introduction
- Level 9 – System ready for full scale deployment
- Level 8 – System incorporated in commercial design
- Level 7 – Integrated pilot system demonstrated
- Level 6 – Prototype system verified
- Level 5 – Laboratory testing of integrated system
- Level 4 – Laboratory testing of prototype component or process
- Level 3 – Critical function, proof of concept established
- Level 2 – Applied Research: technology concept and/or application formulated
- Level 1 - Basic Research: basic principles are observed and reported
How to use the search tool and browse the library?
Free keyword search
It is a traditional search engine where you input your keyword(s).
You can search eco-innovation cases according to different criteria:
- Functions: this allows you to look for networks that meet a specific function (for instance: promoting sustainable practices)
- Application fields: to filter the networks according to their sector or economic domain (for instance: renewable energy)
- Countries: to filter networks by geographical zones
- Type of stakeholders: to sort the networks by type of organization involved (e.g. SMEs)
- Maturity level: to sort the networks by degree of maturity
How to browse the library
When clicking on a filter (a tag) of the advanced search engine, the list of articles containing this tag will be displayed. You can filter further the sorted articles using the tags appearing on the right side of the screen.
You can also click on the tags directly in the article texts to browse the library.
Furthermore, you can access each library separately, with a click on the left menu options.
The “suggested readings” appearing on the right side of the screen are articles from the other libraries (policies, eco-innovations, financing) that contain some similar tags and might be of interest for you.
Stimulating sustainable consumption in public procurement
The challengePromoting sustainable practices is increasingly important in promoting sustainability, sustainable consumption and sustainable procurement. Especially in the public ...
Keep Sweden Tidy
The challengeLittering introduces foreign objects into the environment, which may lead to injuries to animals, and in the longer term have global consequences as large amounts of plastic end up in the...
The Baubook portal provides ready-made green technical specifications for small municipalities interested in sustainable construction. The portal supports the enhancement of green public procurement.
The challengeThe construction sector is crucial to EU environmental and energy policies, as buildings are responsible for approximately 40 % of the total annual EU energy consumption and generate 36% ...
INNOV’R – boosting eco-innovation in the French Rhône-Alpes region
The challengeINNOV’R project funding is open to microenterprises, small industry and SMEs. It is in particular these kind of companies that face difficulties when it comes to ...
Encouraging the use of recycled content: REMake innovation vouchers for manufacturing SMEs in Wales
The REMake innovation voucher funding scheme was tested by public innovation agencies in France, Germany, Italy, UK (Wales) and Spain. In Wales, the scheme primarily ...
Green Economy Scoping Study Barbados
The challenge:Small Island Developing States (SIDS) such as Barbados suffer disproportionately from the effects of climate change. Their own path towards a low carbon economy is itself challenging due...
Working for Water South Africa
The challenge:Water security is an ongoing issue in South Africa, highlighted by the critical situation in Cape Town where the city came within days of running out of drinking water in 2018. One of ...
Recycling waste tyres in South Africa
The challenge:In 2011 it was estimated that 60 million used tyres could be found on South African soil – more tyres than people. With a further 11 million new tyres entering the market each ...